Thursday, January 31, 2013

Sweatshirt pants + tutorial


My poor baby was sick. Like pneumonia sick. Cough, fever, no appetite, lethargy. Sick. Folks, the kid didn't even want any of my fancy chocolate! Pitiful. I went to his drawer to pull out some comfy clothes but alas, I've been neglecting laundry. A normal person would probably wash some. But see, I'm unique.....so I chopped up an old sweatshirt and made him some lounge pants. I figure the laundry will get done eventually.

Here's how I did it:
You'll need to take down some measurements first.
After you measure, cut a basic pant leg (like the one pictured above) from each sleeve.



You're going to join the pant legs together. To make life easier, turn one leg inside out.



If you have a serger, finish the seam edge. If not, you can zigzag or heck, it's knit fabric, it won't fray if you leave it alone.
Instead of folding the top of the pants to make a casing I used the bottom of the sweatshirt to make a waistband. To create the waist band:






Now it's time to pull it all together. Yea! Put the waistband over the pants (the folded edge should point down), line up the raw edges and sew it up!


Then throw 'em on your kid, pop some popcorn, and have some movie cuddle time!




No comments:

Post a Comment

I don't think I've ever told you this, but I like your comments best of all......shhh don't tell.