Friday, April 8, 2011

silhouette plaque and my spin on a book wreath

Were you wondering which project was mine?
Results are in today and guess what?! I get to
move on to round 2...whoop!

My husband and I like to read books together.
It's good wholesome bonding time. Unfortunately
our last book turned out to be really dumb. The
plot was terrible, inconsistencies were rampant
throughout, and the main character was a goober.
So, I ripped it up and put it to better use.

These days I'm an adoring fan of silhouettes. They're so
simple but capture so much! I created some silhouettes
of some of my favorite people. After framing, painting,
and applying said terrible strips of book onto the front of
my plaque, I mod podged my little lovelies side by side.

I had a couple hundred pages left so I made a wreath.
This is my spin on the ever lovely book wreath.



7 comments:

  1. Love the gray & white. Looks great - simple and beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the wreath!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm loving silhouettes now too. Love it that you made them the reverse of usual and your book wreath is simply gorgeous. I'm now following you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oooh I hope you plan to do a tutorial of that wreath! And the silhouettes are beautiful. You've gained yet another new follower! I would be thrilled to have you share this at my VIP party this weekend =) http://designergarden.blogspot.com/2011/04/vip-party-10.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. I KNEW that one was yours because those kids looked like yours! Cute! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the book wreath! So pretty against the white brick.

    Would love for you to join my linky party! :) http://www.inspiringcreationsblog.com/2011/04/friday-favorites-linky-party_14.html

    ReplyDelete

I don't think I've ever told you this, but I like your comments best of all......shhh don't tell.