Friday, July 15, 2011

Chocolate Cream Cheese Cupcakes

My great loves: chocolate and cream cheese. Hello gorgeous!
My awesome 7 year old requested these for her birthday last
month. Bless her. These tasties turned out lovely and I'm pretty
sure I gained 5 pounds loving them. They were worth it!

1 chocolate cake mix.

Cream cheese filling

  • 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
  • 1-1/2 cups sugar, divided
  • 1 egg
  • 1 teaspoon salt, divided
  • 1 cup (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
Chocolate Frosting

  • 3-3/4 cups confectioners' sugar
  • 3 tablespoons baking cocoa
  • 1/2 cup butter, melted
  • 6 tablespoons 2% milk
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • 1/3 cup chopped pecans
Mix cake ingredients according to package directions. Place in
lined cupcake pans and set aside.

Beat cream cheese, sugar, egg and salt until smooth and creamy.
Stir in chocolate chips.

Place a dollop of the cream cheese filling on top of each batter filled
cupcake tin.

Bake for 24-26 minutes or until a tooth pick inserted comes out clean.

cool and frost!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I don't think I've ever told you this, but I like your comments best of all......shhh don't tell.