Thursday, June 30, 2011

an award and some random facts about me

I woke up a couple of weeks ago to a lovely comment from Shannon
at Shannon Sews. She tagged me with the "One Lovely Blog"
award. very flattering and fun....so thanks Shannon!


I guess I'm supposed to write 7 things about myself....this should
be interesting. Bear with me while I make a goober of myself!

1. I sort my Skittles-
whenever I eat Skittles, I have to sort them by color and then eat
them in this order: yellow, purple, green, orange, and red.
Honestly, this is the most OCD thing I do....I'm not really all
that particular with anything else. Just Skittles.

2. I made a dress from old curtains-
My senior year of high school I got REALLY into sewing for myself.
I made all of my formals that year one of them being made from
some old blue shimmery drapes that I picked up from the thrift store.
Looking back it was a hideous idea but nobody had the same dress!
I love originality!

3. I like to sing-
I've been a singer all my life (not the best, but not bad either). I had
great dreams of going pro. I even made a demo cd (super embarrassing).
Instead of singing on a big stage, I sing lullabies and I'm sold out every
night!
4. I love old junk-
Antiques make me happy. Give me a chippy white dresser and
flowers in an old mason jar and I am one happy girl! In fact my idea of
a good time is dinner and an antique shop or some sort of historical
museum. Party animal.....woohoo!

5. I'm a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints
(aka: Mormon)-
I've been a member of this church all my life and I love it! I love the
doctrine, I love the people, and I love the opportunities to serve.

6. Running sucks but I do it-
I run mainly for health purposes. I'm not a fast runner and I'm
exhausted after only a mile and a half but I love my chocolate chip
cookies and I figured one day it'd catch up to me if I didn't start
exercising. I probably should lay off the sweets too but I'm not to that
point in my health journey.

7. I'm a chocolate snob-
Let's face it. Europe has the States hog tied when it comes to chocolate.
Symphony and Dove are okay but European chocolate is divine....ya, I'm
that passionate er nerdy about it.



1 comment:

  1. I sort my skittles, too! But not for OCD reasons . . . it's because green and yellow and orange are gross when not paired with a red or purple, so I have to make little groupings of icky flavors with delicious flavors :-) And I WISH I was a chocolate snob . . . maybe that would keep me from eating half a bag of Western Family brand semi-sweet chocolate chips in one sitting!

    ReplyDelete

I don't think I've ever told you this, but I like your comments best of all......shhh don't tell.