Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Carrot soup (you've gotta try this one!)

The picture looks sick, but it's not....it's quite amazing actually

While I'm not real big on pureed soup, I would likely drink
this one all day if I could. A friend of mine shared this recipe with me a couple weeks ago....I'm so glad she did. I tweaked it just a hair. Cause that's how I be. (insert super bad gangsta face)

Carrot soup

5 Tbsp. butter
2 lbs. carrots, peeled and roughly chopped
1 red onion chopped
* 4 strips orange sweet pepper (1 tweak)
salt and pepper
1 tsp. soy sauce
2 tsp. thyme
1/2 tsp. ginger
1/4 tsp. cumin
1/8 tsp. nutmeg
1/8 tsp. allspice
4 large green onions chopped (just the white parts)
**6 cups chicken broth (4 cups broth, 2 cups half and half 2 tweaks)
4 small potatoes, peeled and chopped
1 bay leaf
1 half lemon, squeezed

In a large pot melt butter over medium heat. Saute carrots, onion
and pepper. Add the next 8 ingredients. Stir for 4 minutes. Add broth,
potatoes, and bay leaf. Cover, lower heat, and simmer 25 minutes.
Removed from heat. Strain into a large bowl (you don't want to pour
all that good stuff in your sink...that would be bad). Place veggies in
a blender and puree. Pour puree back into the broth. Add half and half
to hot soup. Serve with hot butter rolls. Yum!

Bon appetit!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I don't think I've ever told you this, but I like your comments best of all......shhh don't tell.