Tuesday, December 1, 2009
Oh Joy! It's officially Christmas time!! I hope you all had
a wonderful Thanksgiving and didn't get sick eating too
much pie.....I know I didn't. Who can have too much
I celebrated T day at my mamma's house last week and we got a
little crafty. The result: "Joy" blocks. You'll have to forgive me.
I didn't take any manufacturing pictures,
but it's a super easy project.
What you'll need:
3 8x4" blocks (I just used a scrap 2x4)
Okay, here we go
1. sand your blocks well, making sure to knock off the corners.
2. paint your blocks in a color that makes you happy.
3. Find a font that you like and stretch it out in your paint program.
Print it out on cardstock (if possible) and cut out the letters for
4. With a glue stick, glue your letters onto your fabric (wrong side)
and cut out. This prevents fraying.
5. Mod Podge your letters onto your wood blocks and apply a
healthy dose of Mod Podge on top of the letters. Let it dry.
6. Sand the edges and corners of your blocks.
7. Place in a pretty room and admire them often!