Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Word blocks



Oh Joy! It's officially Christmas time!! I hope you all had
a wonderful Thanksgiving and didn't get sick eating too
much pie.....I know I didn't. Who can have too much
pie anyway?!

I celebrated T day at my mamma's house last week and we got a
little crafty. The result: "Joy" blocks. You'll have to forgive me.
I didn't take any manufacturing pictures,
but it's a super easy project.


What you'll need:

3 8x4" blocks (I just used a scrap 2x4)
Fabric
paper
modpodge
paint
paint brush
scissors
sandpaper


Okay, here we go

1. sand your blocks well, making sure to knock off the corners.

2. paint your blocks in a color that makes you happy.

3. Find a font that you like and stretch it out in your paint program.
Print it out on cardstock (if possible) and cut out the letters for
your template.

4. With a glue stick, glue your letters onto your fabric (wrong side)
and cut out. This prevents fraying.

5. Mod Podge your letters onto your wood blocks and apply a
healthy dose of Mod Podge on top of the letters. Let it dry.

6. Sand the edges and corners of your blocks.

7. Place in a pretty room and admire them often!

Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

  1. These are super cute! I think I might be able to attempt them!

    ReplyDelete

I don't think I've ever told you this, but I like your comments best of all......shhh don't tell.