Thursday, September 15, 2011

guacamole...my way!



I haven't always been a fan of guacamole. In fact it's only been a recent
development. I made some for a pool party over the summer (don't ask
me why because at that point I still wasn't loving it.) and found that I really
truly liked it....a lot! It turns out that some other folks liked it too. There
were no leftovers. *I think someone may have even licked the bowl....
heathen! So in my effort to document my recipes here's one for guacamole.

Guacamole

3 avocados
2 tomatillos
3-4 cloves of garlic
juice from a 1/2 of a lime
1/4 cup fresh cilantro
1 jalapeno
1/3 cup onion
1/3 cup sour cream
salt to taste

Remove the seeds from the avocados and squish out the insides into a
blender. Remove the husk from the tomatillos, quarter them and throw them
in the blender too. Add the rest of the ingredients and blend to the consistency
that suits you. For me I blend the heck out it....I'm not a chunk lover.

Note: I have a friend from Mexico. He tells me this isn't the traditional way of
making guacamole. So technically my recipe should be called "Avocado dip".
I still plan on calling it guacamole though!

* I should also explain that I may have over exaggerated a little. No one
actually licked the bowl....but I really didn't have leftovers. That part was truth. 

1 comment:

  1. MMMMmmmm, I LOVE guacamole! It's one of my very favorite things. I craved avocados like crazy when I was pregnant, and once made a huge bowl of guacamole to serve with dinner, then immediately sat down and ate the entire thing. With a spoon. No chips or tacos or anything, mind you. Just guacamole on a spoon. I regret nothing.

    ReplyDelete

I don't think I've ever told you this, but I like your comments best of all......shhh don't tell.