Friday, October 15, 2010

Dress design for Shabby Apple dresses

I made a dress......for this

I'm sure many of you are very aware of Shabby Apple dresses.
I just recently became the biggest fan. They. Are. Amazing.

I'm always sketching and I thought I'd finally put one of them to
the test.....yesterday. Talk about procrastinating. It's finished
though and I'm glad I did it.

I joke that I was born in the wrong era. 30's and 40's fashion
is fascinating to me. And I often wish I could sport dresses and
pearls everyday. I'm pretty sure this dress was retro inspired.

I chose green because, let's face it, green is a good color for me.
If I'm going to wear it I might as well wear stuff that looks okay
on me. I was toying with getting a sort of soft gray blue or
raspberry but ultimately green won out! I loved working with
the fabric. I wanted silk and when I found the shantung silk
I fell in love. It's thin and sort of papery. But it sews beautifully.

Aside from ripping out all my hair and redoing the sleeves
3 different times I really enjoyed this process. There will likely
be more to come. A girl can't have too many dresses, right?


This is my super model face....
Are you so impressed?

2 comments:

  1. That is the CUTEST dress ever! Nice job! I hope someday I can sew something that beautiful!
    p.s. It was great to see you while you were here. :)

    ReplyDelete

I don't think I've ever told you this, but I like your comments best of all......shhh don't tell.