Friday, April 22, 2011

stick-y plant stand

I'm not a girl that loves yard work. I enjoy pretty flowers but
I really despise weeding, raking, mulching, toiling, etc. So to
beautify my outside space I've decided that potted plants are
the way to go! I wanted some big planters but I wanted some
cute small ones as well. Cute small potted plants need cute
tables right? Here's my outdoors inspired plant stand/table.
I started by making half inch cuts from a bunch of sticks lying
around the yard. (gotta love free materials right?) Then I
glued, sanded, and added polyurethane. It still wasn't looking
quite right and I started to worry a bit.
So I cut a strip of metal to glue and tack around the outer edge
of my table top. That was exactly what it needed....oh and it
also needed some aqua table legs, because I'm currently
obsessed with that color!

I really love how it turned out and It's lookin' pretty with
a pretty little plant sitting there.

13 comments:

  1. I LOVE this!! It was one of my favorites on OMTWI!

    Congrats on making the finals!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahahaahahh! "Cut from a million sticks." Awesome! This rocks and major props for cutting those million.

    ~Nike@Thrive
    choosetothriveblog@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a unique idea. Is there a tabletop under there that you glued the sticks to?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Found you through the Linky Party - and am very glad I did! This little table is beautiful!!! I'm a new follower - would love for you to follow me at www.decoratingdiy.blogspot.com.

    Kristen
    Turning a House into a Home

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my goodness, this is amazing! It looks like it must have been a lot of work but I love how it turned out! I don't know how you even came up with that idea but I love it.

    Rachel @ Maybe Matilda

    ReplyDelete
  6. this is really neat. such inspiration.

    kathryn
    www.thedragonsfairytail.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such an amazing piece. What type of saw did you use?

    If you have a moment today, please share this with my readers @Creative Juice Thursday Hope to see yours among all the amazing projects!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love love love at first sight:) What else can I say !! I just LOVE it!!! You're so creative and inspirational:)

    Have a sew crafty weekend:)
    xo
    Eleni

    ReplyDelete
  9. had to comment on this one too, BEAUTIFUL!! i love it :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for linking to Creative Juice Thursday. Hope to see you back this week.

    ReplyDelete
  11. wow what a clever idea

    ReplyDelete

I don't think I've ever told you this, but I like your comments best of all......shhh don't tell.