Thursday, January 3, 2013

Avoiding catastrophe & fixing that broken makeup


The moment it slipped from my hand I knew it was done for. What's worse, I hadn't even paid for it yet! 

Sometimes I'll refrain from grabbing a cart at Walmart in order to save money. (Am I the only one that does that??) So naturally my arms were full of unnecessary stuff. Ironically however I did need the blush. (I've gotten rather pale in my old age.....like a ghost.) Of course I then felt obliged to buy it after it fell and shattered into a million pieces. The words, "you break it you buy it" kept running through my brain so I bought it. Even when the cashier asked if I wanted to replace it. Whatever. At that point I had a huge string of people behind me. Ahead of me? Sweet freedom that's what. (Walmart is the pits) So I brought the mangled blush home with me. I used it a few times before I decided to fix the stuff. I mean, broken make-up is like a tragedy waiting to happen. All it would take is a prying toddler. I have one of those, he makes missals of my tampons! It would only be a matter of time before he scattered ghost un-paler all over my floor!

Here's what I did.
Dump the broken stuff into a little bowl.
Crush it all up with a spoon.....that's what I used. You can use whatever you want!
Add 1/4-1/2 tsp. water....be patient because make-up hates water and doesn't like to mix with it!
Press into original compartment and let it dry. Occasionally I blotted mine with a paper towel.
So ya, it's not gorgeous, but it totally works!

8 comments:

  1. Oh thank goodness, my favorite benefit eyeahadow in the perfect sage green is a crumbled up mess. So now I can rescue it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes. And seriously I had it done in no time!

      Delete
  2. Genius! Who would have known it's so simple! thanks x

    ReplyDelete
  3. old age, hah! great fix amanda!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey, I like to shop without a basket too for the same reason! And this is ingenious! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I had no idea you could do this. Good to know - thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome! Looks fine to me. I will absolutely try this next time I have a make-up mishap.

    ReplyDelete

I don't think I've ever told you this, but I like your comments best of all......shhh don't tell.