Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Turquoise skirt....you are the weakest link!

I was booted from the cyber island (Sewvivor) last week...it was sort of sad, and sort of not.  The funny thing about this skirt is before I even picked the tutorial, I had this exact skirt sketched in my drawing pad. I had completely forgotten about it until I was flipping through my sketch book after the skirt was finished. It was already on my mental to do list! I love it when that happens.


Original post:

There were so many amazing tutorials to choose from that I spent days and days trying to decide what to do. As I was in the shower (all great ideas happen there for some reason) I had a revelation of sorts of how to make this amazingly cute skirt.......

Click on picture for link
my "own"




I started by raising the waistline on my skirt. High waistlines are more flattering for my short little legs. I also wanted it to be a pencil skirt. I added front and back darts so that it would fit right around my waist and hips. I added four buttons down the side because.....well it just needed buttons. That's all. It's made from a turquoise cotton bottom weight material and it's perfect for spring and summer!

1 comment:

  1. For what it's worth, your skirt was my favorite! I like simple, not overdone projects that I can see actually going into my rotation. I happily follow your blog now because of it! :)

    Jess @
    TupeloCreative.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

I don't think I've ever told you this, but I like your comments best of all......shhh don't tell.