Sunday, November 20, 2011

Cranberry Sauce and Thanksgiving musings

Simple and Amazing Cranberry Sauce Recipe
via sweetsavorylife.com


This whole week is going to be dedicated to Thanksgiving. I have a very tender spot for this particular holiday. My love of Thanksgiving has nothing to do with any spectacular life changing event. But rather, small seemingly insignificant things: gumdrop turkeys, fancy china at Grandma Williams' house, sneaking olives from the relish tray, pumpkin pie mounded with whipped cream, full tummies, laughing at dorky brothers, and being with my family. 

This year is my very first year to host Thanksgiving. In ten years of marriage I've never done this and I'm semi nervous but a whole lot of excited! I have my whole menu planned and carefully tucked in my junk drawer...I'm awesome like that. If everything goes as planned our dinner will look something like this: 

Wish me luck and stay tuned for more tasty recipes from my junk drawer menu! 

1 comment:

I don't think I've ever told you this, but I like your comments best of all......shhh don't tell.