Monday, January 3, 2011

Make some noodles & build your muscles!

I wanted to share something with you.....
It's a little dish I like to call:
homemade noodles.
It's a lovely thing to make your own noodles
and you know what? It's super easy! Here's how.

You'll need:
(I bet you have all of these things)

1-1/2 cups all purpose flour.
1/2 tsp. salt
2 large eggs
1-2 Tbsp water

*In a large mixing bowl combine flour and salt.

*Make a well in the middle of your flour and crack
the eggs into it.

*Gently whisk the eggs with a fork and slowly incorporate
the flour.

*Now at this point it's going to look like a shaggy mess,
but that's okay. Add 1 Tbsp water. You can continue
to mix with a fork, but at this stage I like to get in there
with my hands.

*Gather it into a ball and knead the dough.
Sprinkle more water on the dough if needed. You
should end up with a very stiff dough.

*Cover with a slightly damp cloth for 15 minutes.

*Now for the fun part. Get out your trusty rolling pin
and roll like there's no tomorrow! If the dough is sticking
just dust it with a bit of flour.

*Roll out until very thin and then cut into strips.

*When you're done, place them a couple of strips at a
time into boiling water for 5 minutes or until they're
all floating.



These noodles are the best in homemade chicken noodle
soup! Sometimes I'll make them for me...I mean my kids
for lunch and just butter and salt them. They're so yummy
and I promise you that if you make them on a regular basis
you will get some serious definition in the bicep area.



1 comment:

  1. I was going to ask you how you make you noodles. Thanks for shareing.

    ReplyDelete

I don't think I've ever told you this, but I like your comments best of all......shhh don't tell.