Monday, January 24, 2011

Lunch bag part 1 "Drawstring tote"

Today my kids forgot their lunches. So lucky me I got to
take them some food.

lucky for them I was in a super sewing mood!
Behold, "the drawstring lunch tote!"

I've been inspired lately by the cute Japanese lunch bags.

it's fun right?!

I'd like to say that I was able to take them
amazing lunches in these fun bags but alas, sigh....I didn't.

I did manage to finish them before they got home
though. Yessss, Score!



To make this tote you'll need:

* 1/4 yd fabric for the outside (I used corduroy)
* 1/4 yd coordinating fabric for the lining
* 1/8 yd fabric for straps
* natural twill tape or ribbon for drawstring
* 1 large safety pin

Follow the instructions on the pictures.
If my nonsensical wording doesn't make sense just email
me and I'll try to clarify.

Now I'm gonna warn you now, there are a lot of pictures.
So. many. pictures.








Okay, with right sides together, slip the lining over
the main body of the tote.




And don't you worry about those hungry
kids of mine....they just had to eat from an
old ugly bag that's all.

4 comments:

  1. Forget the kids, I need one of these!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've seen a few explanations of these around, but this looks much more simple! thanks for sharing. It looks adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What size seam allowance did you use? Do you remember!?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Amanda,

    Great idea and very good tutorial.I'm going to try make one.Thanks for sharing it.

    I'm glad if you visit my blog.

    Hugs from Portugal
    Ana Lopes

    www.lovecraft2012.blogspot,com

    ReplyDelete

I don't think I've ever told you this, but I like your comments best of all......shhh don't tell.