Thursday, December 1, 2011

guest post: Rebecca from My Girlish Whims

I asked Rebecca from My Girlish Whims to guest post today and help me celebrate bows! What a cute and stylish girl she is. I'm very excited that she agreed to hang out at Simply Homemade today!


Hello Simply Homemade readers! My name is Rebecca and I blog over at My Girlish Whims, a blog all about beading, crafting, and general life as a girl!!
For my "Top it With a Bow" post I decided to show you how to make a cute card, just by adding a little bow to it! 
To make your own, all you need is a piece of card stock, ribbon, a hot glue gun, and a pair of scissors. 
Cut the card stock in half
And then fold it hamburger style to make a very plain card, just begging to be topped with a bow :)
Cut three pieces of ribbon, make the biggest one about 4 inches, the next 3 and a half, the smallest an inch.
Hot glue the ends together on the two larger ribbon pieces
Dab a piece of hot glue into the center of one of the undersides, and then press down.
Put another dab of hot glue on the top of the larger loop and place the smaller loop on top.
Cut another piece of ribbon that will be big enough to go around the front of your card and glue the two stacked loops to it. Wrap the one inch piece of ribbon around the middle and hot glue it around the back.
Hot glue the bow onto the card, and you are good to go!
Best part about this project? Only takes 10 minutes to make, and you only really need two supplies! Next time you're in a bind and need a cute card fast, try making one with a bow!
Thanks so much for having me here Amanda. I'd love for you all to stop over and say hi on my blog!  Hope everyone has been enjoying all the pretty bow posts! 

Thanks Rebecca! What a simple and cute way to dress up a card! Make sure to go check out Rebecca's blog for cute tutorials and fun anecdotes. She also has great link up party every Wednesday!!



1 comment:

I don't think I've ever told you this, but I like your comments best of all......shhh don't tell.