Monday, November 1, 2010

My Meatloaf


So I know this isn't meatloaf but it sort of disappeared before I
could take a picture of it. It is, however, Monday and I thought,
"hey, "Chuck's" on tonight." So, make meat loaf and watch Chuck.

Ingredients
2 Tablespoons olive oil
1 onion, chopped
1 red bell pepper, finely chopped
2 Tablespoons garlic
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon dried oregano
1/2 teaspoon paprika
2 pounds lean hamburger
1 cup dried bread crumbs
2 eggs, beaten
1/2 cup half & half
1/2 cup ketchup
1/2 cup brown sugar
dash of cayenne pepper

In a large skillet, heat the oil. When hot, add the
onion, pepper, and garlic. Cook for 7 minutes. Add
paprika, oregano, and salt. Cook another 2 minutes.
Remove from heat.

Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.

combine onion mixture, hamburger, bread crumbs,
eggs, and milk. Mix until well combined. In a
separate bowl mix the ketchup, brown sugar, and
cayenne pepper until smooth. Scoop meat into
muffin cups. Fill only 2/3 full. spread each with the
glaze and bake for about 20 minutes.

I also like to serve this on top of cheesy mashed
potatoes. You just can't beat meat and potatoes!!

1 comment:

I don't think I've ever told you this, but I like your comments best of all......shhh don't tell.