Friday, June 29, 2012

watermelon pops


Today it's supposed to reach 108°. One hundred. eight. degrees. Blech! I just wasn't built for hot weather, so here I sit in my air conditioned house typing a blog post. To combat the summer I like to stock up on cold treats for the fam. Frozen Gogurts are a must. Frozen blueberries are also high on the priority list. Another frozen treat that my kids adore are frozen watermelon wedges. Seriously, these are just like popsicles only they aren't filled with sugar....not that I have anything against sugar, but when you have 5 crazy kids running around on sugar highs my brain tends to explode. They're really difficult though. I'll try my best to explain.

1. Cut up a watermelon
2. Insert wooden popsicle sticks into watermelon slices
3. Freeze on a baking sheet in a single layer
4. Throw frozen watermelon pops into a large freezer bag


Hard huh?


1 comment:

I don't think I've ever told you this, but I like your comments best of all......shhh don't tell.