Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Monogrammed ruffly cuff tutorial

I made these little cuffs for my girls on Valentine's
day. They really have enjoyed them so I thought
I'd share how I made them. They're super simple
and use very little fabric. My tutorial is basically the
pictures so if you have a problem with anything just ask!
I wanted to leave my edges raw so that it would look a
little shabby.....because that's what I am!

What you'll need for this project:

* Some scraps of cute fabric
* elastic
* a pack of covered buttons (this includes the tools to set them)

Here's a fun tip: To make the edges of your ruffle strip really
shabby, measure an inch wide then snip with your scissors and
rip. If you have good fabric this should deliver a perfect inch
wide strip. It's true!!


Okay, follow the instructions on the package of your
covered button kit and make some cute buttons. I love
love love, fabric covered buttons now!

Whoops! I meant an outline stitch. I will never proclaim to
be an embroiderer! Here's a little how to or, you can fake it!




And there you have it! A pretty little thing for your pretty
little thing. Have fun and enjoy!


6 comments:

  1. This is really, really adorable!! I love it! Thanks for sharing :)

    PS: I'm doing my first ever giveaway on my blog and I'd love if you'd come enter! Check it out: http://mygirlishwhims.blogspot.com/2011/02/my-first-giveaway-and-introducing-your.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amanda this is so cute!!! I love your blog!! I don't know if you remember me but we went to grade school together. Heather (Hamberlin) Henderson. Anyways it's so fun to see you on here!! I am your newest follower!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is really close!! Visiting from Tatertots and Jello and I am a new follower! Hope you are having a great weekend!
    Michelle
    www.delicateconstruction.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute! Thanks for auditioning for American Crafter- good luck:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a cute idea! I love ruffles anywhere!

    ReplyDelete

I don't think I've ever told you this, but I like your comments best of all......shhh don't tell.