Monday, February 13, 2012

Pretty floral blouse tutorial

(I love the vacant expression on her face. haha...too much time out side in the cold without her trusty jacket)

I have been taking my sweet old time working on Miss M's new clothes. Correction, I haven't had any sweet time to spare, so it's been very slow going in terms of sewing.  I knew that I wanted to do some sort of jumper and when I saw this I immediately sketched a longer version. And lame-o that I am I didn't take any pictures, so there won't be a tutorial for them. 

When I was a little girl my mom used to make me cute little outfits too. Around 5 or 6 I was done with homemade. I told my mom that the homemade clothes were super ugly and that I didn't want to wear them anymore. (I know, what a skunk) Now you know who hater got his hatin' from. I'm so thrilled that my girls still are cool with me sewing for them though. 

 (code: "back piece" is the back of the shirt...I didn't realize how dumb that seemed until just now)









Set sleeves into open arm holes and ease them into the shirt. Add a button and an elastic loop made from a bit of 1/8" elastic. To finish up, make a 1 inch hem at the bottom of the blouse.



2 comments:

  1. Oh, that is the cutest little outfit I've ever seen! I LOVE it! I hope she still enjoys wearing your homemade clothes for a while longer, because I love seeing what you make for your kiddos. She is such a doll--I think I mention her hair every time I see a picture, but it's just gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. As much as I hate to admit it, I also went through the "no more mom-made" stage with my mother, who lovingly sewed my brother and I clothing as kiddos. I'm sure it broke her heart, since she loved making things for us. This blouse is very cute, and that daughter of yours even cuter! So glad I found you from 36the Ave. linky party. Keep up the good work! Hopefully your little ones will appreciate your efforts more than you or I did as girls.

    ReplyDelete

I don't think I've ever told you this, but I like your comments best of all......shhh don't tell.