Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Wipes



I love cloth diapering! I love the cuteness! I love that there
are tons of options. And I love that I'm saving money. C'mon,
you know me. I'm all about saving a buck.

Here's another money saving idea for you....I'm sure a lot of you
already know this but I'm going to blog about it anyway!

Homemade wipe solution. Super easy and you know what?
Those of you that don't do cloth can still use this to make
disposable wipes! Awesome, right!!


What you need:

Spray bottle
2 Cups water
1/4 Cup baby wash
2 Tablespoon olive oil
5 Drops tea tree oil (optional)

Okay, now for the really hard part. Combine these ingredients
in your spray bottle. Ya...it wasn't really hard. I was being sarcastic.

Now if you want to make disposable wipes omit the spray bottle.
Cut in half a roll of sturdy paper towels. Place one paper towel half
in a container with a lid and pour the soapy, smelly stuff over the
top. Remove the cardboard core and cover the container. These
are great! And I love using the tea tree oil because it's antiseptic,
antibacterial, anti fungal, and antiviral! Wiping bums is dirty
business. The tea tree oil just gives me peace of mind.

2 comments:

  1. I just found your blog through babycenter. Your diapers on etsy are awesome! Ok, on to the question ;) For this wipe solution do you have to shake it every time, does it separate? Thanks! Julie

    ReplyDelete
  2. I give mine a slight shake each time. It does separate a little. I don't mind though. I'm saving bunches with this little concoction!

    ReplyDelete

I don't think I've ever told you this, but I like your comments best of all......shhh don't tell.