Friday, January 15, 2010

re-usable snack bag tutorial


I feel like my family goes through snack bags like water!
I use them for everything!! So this, I felt, was a necessary
pattern to draft.
I used 2 coordinating fabrics, but you can use whatever
you have on hand.

The dimensions are as follows: ahem...
7-1/2 inches wide and 6 inches tall. Use a small bowl as a guide
to round your corners on the bottom. Cut 4 of these (2 outer
2 lining).

Grab 1 outer and 1 lining. With right sides together stitch
the top about 5/8 of an inch. Repeat with the other set.

Turn those right side out, and press the seams flat.
Now sew the velcro all the way across the top of the
lining side of the bag. Like so...

K, now with the right sides of the bag together stitch
a 1/4 inch seam all the way around leaving the top open
of course. Flip the little thing right side out and stitch again
around the outer edge this time with a 3/8 inch seam.
Like this.....


And, you're done!




Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment

I don't think I've ever told you this, but I like your comments best of all......shhh don't tell.